My family and I are going on a cruise this week to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. It is my parents and sister’s first time on a cruise and I have been explaining to them how it all works. When you first get on the cruise you may not have your luggage until late at night, so there will obviously be things that you will need before you get your main luggage bag and it is important to pack these things in your carry-on. The cruise may also have some rules that state that certain things can ONLY be in a carry-on. I have made this list of suggestions of what to pack on your cruise carry-on so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!
(1) Wine. Wow I think wine is an item on pretty much all of my lists on my blog! Seriously though most cruise lines allow you to bring 1 bottle of wine per person onto the cruise and most of them require you to have it in your carry-on bag. So make sure you have room for your wine! The cruise line we are sailing on is also allowing us to bring one 12 pack of 12oz cans or bottles of soda/water so I am going to bring a pack to make a spritzer to make the wine last longer.
(2) Bathing suit. I don’t want to miss out on any of the fun on the cruise so if I want to hop in the pool or hot tub or just catch some rays on the pool deck I want to make sure I am ready.
(3) Sunscreen. There are usually a lot of outdoor activities on your cruise and if you don’t have your sunscreen with you on the first day you may spend the rest of your vacation nursing that sunburn you got. Make sure you are prepared and bring that sunscreen with you!
(4) Sunglasses. This should be obvious and should be with you all of the time. You don’t want to be squinting to see the fun or miss the sunset because it’s too bright.
(5) Camera. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take a vacation pic to make lasting memories to look back on! Especially when the ship first departs the port.
(6) Change of clothes. Usually I wear what I will be wearing to dinner when I get on the cruise because I hate changing, but if your main luggage has not arrived yet you may want to bring a change of clothes just in case!
(7) Passports/ID cards. DO NOT FORGET THESE. This should be obvious for any traveler.
(8) Essential medications. Don’t have a heart attack because you left your meds in your main luggage! This could save your life. Or maybe you aren’t ready for a kid yet, but your forgot to carry-on your birth control. You don’t want to miss out on any love time with your significant other on vacation.
(9) Makeup. Or any other toiletries you may need. Maybe you got so overwhelmed with joy that you don’t have to work for the week that you cried when the ship departed. You will need to touch up your eyeliner and mascara now.
(10) Anything expensive. I don’t have anything expensive, except maybe my wedding ring which is on my finger at all times, but if you do have a lot of expensive jewelry or electronics bring it in your carry-on and put it in the safe in your room when you get on the ship.