It is the time of the year to plan to make yourself a better person (Although I am sure you are perfect just the way you are)! Every year people make New Years resolutions and struggle to keep them throughout the year. I created this post so you can kick off the new year with your resolution in hand. Here is a list of 5 champagne cocktails that symbolize your New Year’s resolution.
 Lose weight/Get Healthy.
This is the most popular New Years resolution and I make this resolution every year. This cocktail has a number of healthy ingredients such as cucumber which contains anti-inflammatories, B vitamins and antioxidant properties. The ginger provides gastrointestinal relief, protects against cancer and also has anti-inflammatories. Grapefruit gives the cocktail a punch of vitamin C and the radish adds fiber and extra vitamins.
- 1 large cucumber, thinly bias-sliced
- 1 4 inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 750 ml bottle of champagne, chilled
- In pitcher combine cucumber, ginger and radishes
- Add grapefruit juice
- Chill for 2-24 hours
- When ready to serve add ice cubes and champagne
- Stir gently and serve!
Credit: Better Homes and Gardens
After spending so much $ on gifts over the holidays and looking at your credit card statements you may want to consider making this resolution. According to nerdwallet.com the average household has $129,579 in debt! The gold color of this cocktail symbolizes the money you will save next year to get you out of debt, but don’t think it’s going to make you lucky as the name implies. I don’t want you losing your money gambling!
Felix Felicis (Liquid Luck)
- 1/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1/4 oz. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz. ginger beer
- Champagne, chilled
- 1 drop orange food coloring
- Add 1 drop orange food coloring to bottom of glass
- Mix simple syrup and lemon juice and add to the bottom
- Add ginger beer
- Fill with champagne
 Get organized.
To make this cocktail you will need to be organized… and patient. It looks super cool when it’s finished though. So start this resolution early to get practice for being organized throughout the year.
Sparkling Raspberry Gelatin
Raspberry Layer Ingredients
- 1 (4 serving size) box raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 16 fresh raspberries
White Chocolate Layer Ingredients
- 1 (4 serving size) box white chocolate flavored pudding mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
Champagne Layer Ingredients
- 2 cups champagne
- 3 TBS sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- In medium bowl, place raspberry gelatin
- Pour boiling water over gelatin and stir until dissolved
- Add cold water and vodka; stir until well combined
- Place 4 raspberries in each of 4 champagne glasses
- Fill each glass about one-third full with raspberry gelatin
- Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour
- Mix pudding mix and milk with an electric mixer
- Add Vodka and Bailey’s and mix
- Add cool whip and mix again
- Pour over raspberry layer in each glass
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes
- In small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the champagne and 3 tablespoons sugar to boiling; stir until blended
- Remove from heat; cool
- In small bowl, sprinkle 1 envelope unflavored gelatin over remaining 1 cup champagne
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved
- Pour gelatin mixture over cooled champagne mixture
- Pour over white chocolate layer in each glass
- Refrigerate 4 hours until set
Adapted from: Tablespoon
 Spend more time with family.
You might as well get this New Years resolution started by inviting your family and friends over to your place for a New Years Eve celebration. Make this champagne punch to share with them and ensure that they will want to spend more time with you the rest of the year!
Pomegranate Champagne Punch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 750 ml bottles chilled brut Champagne
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 Ice block
- Bring 1/2 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves
- Simmer 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely
- Combine Champagne, rum, and pomegranate juice in punch bowl
- Add enough syrup to sweeten to taste
- Mix in lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves
- Add ice block to bowl
Credit: Bon Appetit
 Drink less.
Yes this blog is also friendly to the non drinkers out there. My husband does not drink at all. If you are feeling hung over from all of your holiday parties and want to sober up for the New Year this virgin cocktail is for you!
Mixed Berry and Basil Sangria Mocktail
Ingredients for Berry Grape Ice Cubes
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sparkling white grape juice
Ingredients for Mixed Berry Sangria Mocktail
- 4 Berry Grape Ice Cubes
- ¾ cup sparkling white grape juice
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 2 large or 4 small fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Seltzer water
Instructions to make Berry Grape Ice Cubes
- Fill each depression in the ice cube tray with fresh blueberries
- Pour the sparkling white grape juice in to cover them
- Put trays in the freezer until solid
- Turn the ice cubes out into a resealable zipper top freezer bag and store them in the freezer until ready to serve
Instructions to make Mixed Berry Sangria Mocktails
- Add the Berry Grape Ice Cubes to each glass with the strawberries and fresh basil leaves.
- Pour the grape juice over the cubes
- top off with chilled seltzer and stir briskly
Credit: Foodie with Family
I hope you find the perfect cocktail for your list. Please comment below with your New Years Resolutions! Mine are: 1. Go to the doctor 2. Floss everyday 3. Lose 15 lbs. by snacking less 4. Be more positive!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!