We recently found out that we are having a little girl and since then I have been trying to think of a great nursery theme. I found one piece that I loved and decided to base the nursery around it. The feather mobile (#1) has an airy, tribal and boho feel to it, so I went with that theme. Colors for a girl are tough for me, because I don’t like pink so I am trying to stick with golds, rose gold and corals. We will see how that goes! Anyways, these decorative accents for a tribal themed nursery are affordable and perfect for an adorable little girl. Click here to see the completed nursery!
- Feather mobile. This was the piece that I based the entire nursery around. I love the meaning of the dream catcher and the beautiful colors of the feathers. All of my little one’s bad dreams will be trapped away to never haunt her again.
- Deer Head Mount. I am planning on placing a small flower crown on the deer’s head and framing it with a decorative open frame. This will add a rustic, yet princess-like element to the room. (No deer were harmed in the making of this decor!)
- Twig Letter Wall Art. This brings an aspect of nature with the flowers and twigs and an ode to the little person that will soon inhabit the room.
- Gold wall arrow. This ties in more of the tribal theme to the nursery. I will buy 3 and place them facing opposite directions.
- Tribal wall art. These printable art downloads are so beautiful and so sweet. Framing them and placing them next to the arrows and the twig letter should tie the room together. I am thinking about using gold frames or a gold matte to make them stand out.
- Giant area rug. eSaleRugs is where it’s at for getting a good deal on a giant rug. I have their rugs in my dining room, living room and bedroom! I am thinking about this vintage rug, but am unsure of the color.
- Decorative throw pillow. To add an element of decor to the glider or rocking chair, a cute throw pillow using this floral deer antler pillow cover will tie into the theme of the room.
- Bedding. Honestly I think it is tacky to have too much going on in the crib and somewhat unsafe for the baby so I am trying to keep this part as simple as I can. I think the accents on the wall and around the room clearly define the theme and I don’t need a distraction from that with the bed sheets. I went with just a few simple crib sheets that will do the job to flow with the boho/tribal theme. This deer and flower sheet is so sweet as is this feather sheet.
- Gold changing table. This highlights the gold elements in the room and brings it all together. Store the diapers and wipes into #10 and there will be no clutter!
- Tribal themed storage containers. For use in the book shelf to store toys or on the changing table to store diapers and wipes or some extra clothes, these storage containers will be the perfect addition to the room! The one with the tepees on it is so cute and this one with the arrows really fits with the color scheme of the room.
I can’t wait to get this room together! I will take pictures and link back to this page when I am done! UPDATE: CLICK HERE to view the completed nursery with links to all items.