Yes I did just post about New Years resolutions and working out last week so if you are one of those people returning… stay away from this post, unless it is your cheat day of course! This blueberry white chocolate cheesecake is no joke and it is delicious and will be hard to keep your fingers off of once you make it.
This cheesecake has sour cream in the recipe. It is based off the recipe from Favorite. I decided to switch up the flavors a bit and used blueberries instead of raspberries.
I bought a large graham cracker pie crust to make sure I could make large pieces of cheesecake. The graham cracker crust is topped with white chocolate before the cheesecake filling is added.
The blueberry filling is added in between additions of cheesecake filling. I made my own blueberry pie filling using blueberries, sugar and cornstarch to thick it up. It was perfect! ENJOY!
Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
Ingredients for the cheesecake
- 1 large graham cracker pie crust
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- optional: whipped cream garnish, shaved white chocolate
Ingredients for the blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the blueberries and the sugar in a saucepan over low heat and simmer until they become very liquid
- Combine cornstarch and water in a bowl and add to the pan with the blueberries
- Cook mixture over medium heat bringing it to a boil until the mixture becomes clear and thick. Take off heat and set aside
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the cream cheese mixture. Blend the mixture just enough to incorporate the eggs.
- Sprinkle 4 ounces of white chocolate chunks onto the bottom of the crust
- Pour half of the cream cheese filling into the crust. Drizzle 1/2 cup of the blueberry pie filling over the entire surface then use a butter knife to swirl into the cream cheese. Pour the other half of the filling into the crust
- Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the cheesecake
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with shaved white chocolate, extra blueberry pie filling or whipped cream