I love spinning, but it is hard for me to get to the classes sometimes. Either they are too early or too late or during work hours. I have been doing my own spin workout on a bike they have at the gym and will probably end up buying this Sunny Health and Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike to use at home on my own. It would be nice if my gym had more than 1 spin bike to use for the general workout room so I wouldn’t need to buy one, but I have space for this bike so no biggie!
One of my favorite spin instructors used theme playlists for her spin workouts. She had a superman theme playlist, a playlist where all of the songs had the word running in them, and even a Monday playlist. These themed spins made the workout more fun and since it is the Fourth of July weekend I thought I would make a Patriotic spin playlist. These songs have an American theme whether it be the song or the artist. Click the left picture below to be directed to the Spotify playlist of these songs or save right picture to import the text for an Itunes playlist.
I added some suggestions for what positions, speed and resistance to use for each song, but you can do whatever you feel is best for you. Make sure you keep enough resistance on the bike so that you are not bouncing on the seat and that you don’t hurt your knees when standing on the bike. Here is a great website on how to properly set up your spin bike for the best positioning and always remember to consult your physician before starting any spin workout routines! If you sit all day at work spinning would not be the best workout for you. Mix up spinning with some yoga to balance out your muscles and remember everything in moderation!
The workout is about 50 minutes long. Here is the detailed information about the spin workout. I added excel printouts of the workout for free printing to take to the gym with you at the bottom of the post. Happy Spinning and Happy Fourth of July!!!!
- I Love the USA – Weezer = Warm-up 3:09 (not available on Spotify so replace with New Americana by Halsey) UPDATE: both are now available!
- American Saturday Night – Brad Paisley = Flow through positions 1-3 for 1 minute at a time throughout the song gradually increasing resistance 4:34
- American Boy (feat. Kanye West) – Estelle = Standing run position 3 with enough resistance to stay with the beat 4:44
- American Beauty/American Psycho – Fall Out Boy = standing run with sitting sprint during chorus, moderate resistance 3:15
- A Horse with no Name – America = Sitting recovery, but not easy! Once recovered increase resistance to climb 4:12
- Swing Swing – The All American Rejects = Standing run alternating position 2 & 3 for 1 minute at a time with increase in speed during chorus mod/hard resistance 3:53
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus = Jumps position 1 to position 3 holding for 8 beats x 1 minute/6 beats x 1 minute/4 beats x 1 minute but maintaining the position you are in during chorus 3:22
- American Woman – The Guess Who = Sitting position 1 at beginning then go to standing climb in position 3 with hard resistance when song speed increases 3:52
- American Dream – MKTO = Sprints in sitting position 1 during chorus, easy otherwise 3:45
- American Kids – Kenny Chesney = recovery but not easy in sitting position 1 3:02
- Freedom (feat. Kendrick Lamar) – Beyonce = Standing climb position 3 with increasing resistance and speed increase during chorus 4:49 UPDATE: no longer available on Spotify now replaced with American Honey by Lady Antebellum
- Made in the USA – Demi Lovato = Change position and speed every 30 seconds to 1 minute YOUR CHOICE! 3:16
- American – Lana Del Rey = Cool-down and stretch 4:08