The rainy season has begun and we all know the saying, “April showers bring May Flowers” so while we are waiting for those flowers I have come up with 10 things to do during April showers.
(1) Bake. If you have the baking staples on hand (butter, flour, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt) you can at least make sugar cookies! Or with bananas you can make banana bread. With peanut butter you can make peanut butter cookies or these dog cookies!
(6) Meditate… or just take a nap. After a long day or a long week you need to let go of your stress and think about nothing for a while. When it’s raining try to use this time to relax and clear your mind. I found 2 websites that explain meditation and how to meditate here and here. If you can’t get into the meditation groove just take a nice nap instead.
(8) Learn. Coursera has free courses you can take online in a variety of subject areas. You can crack open one of your old school books for a refresher. Search Google Scholar for up to date research in your area of interest. Huffington post has a great article on 20 Ways to Enjoy Free Online Learning and Classes.
(9) Work out. There is no equipment needed for these workouts so you can get in shape while you are stuck indoors: Full Body Workout by Shaping Up To Be a Mom, Flat Stomach Workout by Spotebi, 10 At Home Barre Workouts by Meraki Lane or get your stretch on with this 20 Minute Full Body Yoga Workout by BistroMD
(10) Drink wine. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. It’s raining and that wine is calling your name.